- Developed and certified according to DO-254 DAL B. The software
- Voll redundanter Aufbau mit zwei identischen Lanes
- IBIT und CBIT Überwachung mit automatischem Lanewechsel im Fehlerfall
- Betriebsdaten- und Fehleraufzeichnung
- CAN-Bus Interface zur Fehleranalyse und Auswertung der Betriebsdaten
- Serielle Schnittstelle zum Cockpit
- Optionale bidirektionale Schnittstelle
- Intelligenter Watch Dog
- The EECU operates two independant and seperately operational Lanes.
- All sensors for the core controller functions are fully redundant.
- In case of a sensor failure for non-essential controller systems, the values are replaced by data provided in the other segment.
- Informelle Sensoren (nicht regelungsrelevant) sind einfach vorhanden, werden aber von beiden Lanes gelesen
- Stromversorgung der FADEC ist für zwei unabhängige Systeme ausgelegt
RED Aircraft A03 V12-cylinder compression ignition engine now available with 550 hp/405 kW.
RED Aircraft is a brand of Raikhlin Aircraft Engine Developments GmbH based in Adenau, Germany. RED Aircraft develops highly sophisticated and innovative engine solutions for motorsports and aviation. The award winning RED A03 series is a V12 compression-ignition engine, offering 500-550 hp/367-405 kW and is targetted to the GA, small commercial aircraft and UAV market intending to improve the eco balance in avoiding inefficient gas turbine designs.
The RED A03 engine holds the EASA TCDS E.150. We are very proud to annouce that our highly experienced engineering team was able to demonstrate the reliable engine operation with a FADEC version allowing 550 hp/405 kW. This allows higher power loads for the typical take-off and cruise performance. Our customers are now able to select the power version suitable for their target needs. Follow this link to the EASA TCDS. The EASA reference shall be updated within the next few days.
This is a result of a combined effort of software design in the FADEC as well as hardware reliablity proof on the mechanical side. Of course we are very proud that EASA was pleased with the results and amended the TCDS accordingly. The Canadian and US TCDS will be updated accordingly.
- RED engines are qualified for all categories-classes-types of CS-23 and CS-27 aircraft including:
- Agricultural Application
- Innovation concepts from air taxis to electric helicopters
- Aircraft for high altitude application.
- LTA – Blimp – Airships
- Groundeffect and Hovercraft
- Maritime application
- Generators and eHybrid solutions, land- air- or sea-based
- Please contact us if you think about specific missions not listed here.
► Operates with Jet-A fuels
► High safety level with independent circuits for each engine bank:
○ air induction system
○ fuel system
○ cooling system
► FADEC single lever engine control
► Self-carrying structure for cantilever installation
► Dry-sump oil system
► heat exchanger
► Designed for lean maintenance
► 600 hp A03-xxx series project state, non aviation use.
► Single or twin-stage turbocharge system for utility or high altitude application, A03-20x series.
► Utility gearbox for normal operation including oil reservoire. A03-10x series
► Aerobatic gearbox for inverted operation, external oil reservoire required
► Variable attachment frames for additional alternators and pumps.
► Firewall-forward kit development
► Cooling, Intercooler, thermal management design assistance.