Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance
Sustainability is at the heart of RED aircraft’s business
RED aircraft GmbH is fully compliant with the principles of environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG).
A compression-ignition engine, such as the RED A03 drives many environmental benefits when compared with other equivalent propulsion solutions. Characterized by significantly lower CO2 emissions, the RED A03 is also an optimal platform for development of hybrid-electric aircraft installations.
High thermodynamic efficiency drives low fuel consumption. Optimized combustion results in reduced exhaust emissions. Low exhaust noise stems from intelligent engine architecture.
The RED A03 ecological features are
- low fuel burn
- low exhaust gas pollution
- reduced noise emissions
- high thermodynamic efficiency
The RED A03 meets the demands of today’s aviation sector
Modern Aviation Requires Modern Solutions
The aviation industry has committed to take action on climate change. There is an industry-wide shift to reduce CO2 emissions from flying. The sector is attracting huge investment to achieve sustainable aviation.
RED A03 Game-changing technology is here
- More than 50% lower fuel burn compared to turbine
- 70% lower CO2 emissions compared to turbine engines
- High safety features incorporated in the design
- Ideal fit for hundreds of aircraft using outdated inefficient engine technology
- Sustainable aviation fuel possibilities
- Clean sheet engine design for aviation
- Reduced noise
- Higher thermodynamic efficiency
- Certified by EASA, FAA, FATA & others
- Optimal technology for hybrid-electric installations
- Proven technology with an existing fleet using RED engines
The RED A03 engine family attained type certification in 2014 and is now validated in many countries around the globe.